On A Path
To encourage and develop a more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
OUR VISION is helping unbelievers realize the benefit of making Jesus their Lord and guiding them in their acceptance of Him, teaching believers the difference between religion and relationship, and encouraging them as they develop a deeper, personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ while discouraging traditions of religion. Preaching the undiluted Word of God, so we all understand who we are in Christ. Modeling how to walk by Faith (not by sight), that Faith works through love, and that Faith without works is dead. Helping believers grasp that this is God’s heart for His children. Preaching the message of repentance, a life-style of Holiness, living above reproach, and blameless before God. Preaching the message of the Harvest, that it is God’s will that no one be lost, and that it is our job to win them and make them His disciples. Preaching the message of the Full Nature of God, helping people truly see that God is full of love and compassion, yet He is also a Consuming Fire and Judge, that He corrects His children, and judges the wicked. Preaching the message of Revival Fire, not a "bless me club," a revival that spreads to other churches and communities, that causes growth in the Kingdom of God, as in the days of the Acts of the Apostles, and that causes change in the lives of people, as we prepare ourselves for what God has purposed for us.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by our website. It's our hope and passion to point people to a deeper more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. As senior pastors of The Potter's House Worship Center we want to encourage everyone to allow the presences of God to lead them as they follow the path He has for their life.
- The Bible in its entirety is the inspired Word of God. It is without error in the original writings and is the complete revelation of God's will for the salvation of men and the divine and final authority for all.
- One God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Who is Sovereign and absolute in His authority.
- Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. He is Deity. Jesus Christ suffered, died, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and now sits at the right hand of the Father as our High Priest and Advocate. We wait with anticipation for His imminent and personal return for believers, and then again with His Church at the final battle.
- The Holy Spirit's ministry is to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ, and during the church age, He is here to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and enable each believer for holy living and service.
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through rebirth by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- Salvation is free as a result of the Sovereign grace of God, apart from any works or deeds of man. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe. Those who receive Jesus Christ by faith, are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God.
- Water Baptism by immersion is for the circumcision of our hearts. It is for every believer through which we publicly identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Communion represents the Lord Jesus' body and blood. It is by participating in the partaking of the Lord's Supper that we proclaim His death until He returns.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all believers, and is distinct from the new birth. Speaking with tongues is the initial evidence of this Baptism, as the Spirit gives utterance (Acts 2:4). We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwellings the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit are given and manifested through His people for ministry through tongues, interpretation of tongues, prophecy, words of knowledge and wisdom, discerning of spirits, faith, working of miracles, and healing.
- Healing and Deliverance are signs that will follow those who believe (Mark 16:15-18). They are provided for in the atonement and are the privilege of all believers.
- Resurrection for both the saved and the lost awaits all mankind; to the one everlasting life, and to the other everlasting damnation.
- We hold these and many other truths to be precious and dear. Christians have always had diversity in their theology, and will continue to do so until the great return of the Master Teacher Himself. Theology may divide some, but in Whom we believe should unite us all.